Beer America TV: The Television Show (Update 9/27)

Posted by Paulon September 27, 2011 |
Beer America TV: The Television Show (Update 9/27)

Beer America TV was a concept I came up with way back in 2003. The idea was to create a beer travel series highlighting American Craft breweries all over the United States. I thought the concept was gold and even recruited a young, ambitious, and highly creative brewer to be my host and we shot two pilots to shop to the networks. Needless to say, even having Sam Calagione as my host, we were way ahead of our time. Sam got his show eventually, and Beer America has evolved to highlight not only the America Craft brewing scene, but the end goal of winning a medal at one of the greatest beer fesitivals in the world, the Great American Beer Festival. This was a trailer we shopped last year with MTV reality star Tim Beggy and myself. Needless to say we didn’t get picked up, but we’re shooting more this year at the GABF and Oskar Blues and will have newer versions of Beer America to shop this year! Let us know what you think, both good and bad, we’d love to hear your feedback!

• Kevin Said,

I loved it and thought it was paced well! I think your interaction and shot segments bouncing off each other were a smash! I can’t wait to show this to others so hurry up and get this years sequal out!

Posted on September 28th, 2011 at 9:19 am

• Marco Said,

WOW that was cool! Great music too! Keep it up.

Posted on September 28th, 2011 at 10:23 am

• dmwcpa Said,

Nice work, I hope the show gets picked up.

Posted on September 28th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

• Frank Russo Said,

Great Job.

Posted on October 1st, 2011 at 10:43 am

• dave@Classic Said,

good job! beggy seems like a fun personality

Posted on October 3rd, 2011 at 9:08 pm

• Mark Sargent Said,

I don’t understand why a network hasn’t committed to your program yet. Seems like there should be a huge audience. Keep up the good work.

Posted on October 5th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the comment! When we pitched this last year, we had one on one pitch sessions with networks like Travel, Discover, TLC, NatGeo etc. and the reality is that BrewMasters didn’t do so well in the ratings. That is not the sole reason Beer America didn’t get picked up, but certainly a contributing factor. We’re certainly not the only ones pitching beer related programming, but I think ours is a show that beer drinkers and non beer drinkers alike would find entertaining, and that’s the key…finding a show everyone could watch and be entertained by, ours just so happens to be about beer.

Posted on October 6th, 2011 at 9:55 am

• Bobby Said,

This was terrific. Very well produced. I always look forward to watching your new videos. I have a theory to why Brew Masters was canceled and other shows like yours have a hard time of getting the recognition they deserve. Not enough heart ache and tragedy. Sam , you , and Pink are all having too good of a time. Laughing and sampling many different fine brews. While dumping thousands of gallons of 120 min IPA down the drain may be tragic to the craft beer enthusiast , to the common viewer , they could care less. They want people dying on fishing boats , a father and his son fighting over motorcycles , and illiterate swamp people who can’t read or write , but can carry guns. Maybe I’m wrong , maybe I’m not. But in the meantime , the internet is a great medium. Keep the videos coming.

Posted on October 21st, 2011 at 10:57 am

Bobby, you have a good points!! The funny thing about dumping all of that 120 down the drain is that I don’t believe it!! I have no proof that they didn’t, but knowing Sam and the DFH attitude, it seems to me that they would have messed with it and made it something else equally as awesome. When we were recently at Oscar Blues, they were testing a batch of Dales Pale Ale and found there was something wrong with it. Turns out a mis-marked bag of malt was dumped in, so the flavor was off, so what did they do? As their brewers put it, “we hopped the shit out of it” and what they ended up calling it is Deviant Dales Pale Ale. It was so good that it won a silver at this years GABF in the largest category – IPA’s. They are now going to can it in 16oz singles – so look out for it, t’s a GREAT beer!!

Posted on October 21st, 2011 at 11:43 am

• Chuck Said,

I think ya’ll should get drunk and do some stupid stuff like pissing on things, get arrested and have Dog the Bounty Hunter come after ya….. then they’ll put you on the air.
    I would watch the show no matter what, good job and good luck!

Posted on February 13th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

• Matt H Said,

I love it ! My friends and I just started home brewing and found beer america tv on the internet.
    There is alot of good info in your webisodes and on your website.

The only question I have about the TV show is ……. Where is Pink?

Keep up the good work.

Posted on February 15th, 2012 at 11:22 am

Pink may be a part of the series if it gets picked up. Funny thing with these pitches, it’s really more about the concept then the “hosts” attached to the trailer. You really want programmers to buy into the concept, then they can modify it to fit their needs – either way, I’ll be happy!!

Posted on February 15th, 2012 at 11:35 am