Terrapin Side Project – Monk’s Revenge, Ep. 53

Posted by Paulon April 25, 2009 |
Terrapin Side Project – Monk’s Revenge, Ep. 53

Volume 5 of the Terrapin Side Project brings us Monk’s Revenge, a big Belgian IPA that has a malt bill of a Belgian Tripel and a hop bill of a Belgian IPA. Also known as the “Big Nasty”, this one time release is tasty and dangerous. Get your hands on it now while you still have the chance!

• Ryan Said,

watching the podcast right now…I am glad to have gotten your view on this beer. I have had it on draft, in the bottle and one cellared away. I am jealous that David has the volumes cellared.

And David is was Volume 2 you were thinking of. lol

I might have another suggestion for you guys tomorrow after I get off work from Taco Mac, the beer is from Stone Brewery.

Posted on April 26th, 2009 at 2:54 am

I liked this beer so much that I bought 3 extra bottles of it to drink and cellar. I might even go out and buy a few more just to keep for special occasions. To bad it’s a one time release, some of these are so good, they would sell great year round!

Posted on April 26th, 2009 at 10:08 am

• Steve Said,

Thanks for the kind words guys! I’ll be in town May 6th. Let’s get together. I may have some of Side Project Volume 6–90 Shelling Scotch Ale!

Posted on April 26th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Where and what time Steve? I love a good scotch ale! Look forward to meeting you!!

Posted on April 26th, 2009 at 4:49 pm

• t.b. Said,

Awesome stuff guys!!!
    I went a nd got the rest in the back stock room at our local store!
    Glad you guys got me too it!
    Best regards!

Posted on April 27th, 2009 at 12:45 am

• Anthony Said,

“Got a lot of people trying to get into my man-cave.”
    “That doesn’t sound right…don’t say that again.”
    LOL!! Great episode. Tried Monk’s Revenge and have to agree it’s a great beer. Now I’ll have to go pick up a RoggenRauchBier. Still some around Athens.

Posted on April 27th, 2009 at 9:24 am

• TimD Said,

Just found your site off a Tweet from the Terrapin guys. I LOVED the Monk’s Revenge and actually found a couple bottles recently tucked away at a local store. I’m a huge fan of Terrapin, I haven’t met one of their beers I didn’t like… 🙂

Posted on December 8th, 2009 at 12:10 pm