Coney Island Sword Swallower – Episode 41

Posted by Paulon February 24, 2009 |
Coney Island Sword Swallower – Episode 41

Shmaltz Brewing Company has done it again with another fine example of their “Freak Beer” series. Coney Island Sword Swallower is a fine example of how Shmaltz uses lots of hops and lots of malts blended together to make a finely balanced beer. There is certainly a lot more to this beer then a cool label!

• Connie Said,

I can’t wait to try this one — a melody of hops. Maybe it’s the fuggles calling my name.

The labels ARE cool… if you like scary clowns and female swordswallowers — gee nothing implied there — how about the label for the Albino Python… hmmmm… Just promise me that if you try the Human Blockhead, no one will hammer a nail into his nasal cavity on film.

But seriously, Coney Island Sword Swallower sounds awesome.

Posted on February 25th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

• Ryan Said,

If you guys are able to you guys should try to do some of the Terrapin Volume series of beer. They are on the 4th volume right now which is called Dos Cocos.

Posted on February 26th, 2009 at 12:38 am

• Zak Davis Said,

Hey boyz. Thanks again again. I’m always psyched to watch your show (especially when it features our beers). The artwork on the labels are actually based on the current sideshow freaks in the Coney Island Circus Sideshow. You’ll be happy to know that we just launched Coney Island Human Blockhead, our 10% abv lager. I’ll be really curious to see how you like it. Cheers!

Posted on February 26th, 2009 at 1:57 am

• David Little Said,

What did you call me? I’m not “average” bull!

Posted on February 26th, 2009 at 11:41 am

Hey Ryan, we’ll look into the Terrapin series, David Little (our beer finder) will see if he can work his magic!

Posted on February 26th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Thanks so much for the post Zak, we’ll certainly give Human Blockhead a taste, as a matter of fact, I think Jesse Cutler is on it! Great series of beers, we’ve been genuinely impressed with everything we’ve had so far!!
    Paul

Posted on February 26th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

• David Little Said,

Taking a trip to Athens this weekend … I’ll see what I can do. Just had another Terrapin Roggenrauchbier this weekend. Man that’s a tasty brew!

Posted on March 9th, 2009 at 1:30 pm