Avery Brewing: duganA Double India Pale Ale, Ep. 116

Posted by Paulon November 18, 2010 |
Avery Brewing: duganA Double India Pale Ale, Ep. 116

This week on Beer America TV, we’re taking on yet another beer from Avery Brewing, and when we say “taking on” that’s what we feel like every time we talk about there beers! Big on hoppy goodness, this Double IPA packs a serious punch. As they Avery describes it, it’s “A brutally bitter, dank, piney and resinous ale designed for those seeking a divine hop experience.”

• Jennifer Said,

…about THEIR beers! 🙂

Posted on November 18th, 2010 at 11:55 am

• Marco Said,

Looks like I’ll have to try this one as well!

Posted on November 18th, 2010 at 2:03 pm

• TucsonTom Said,

Another excellent webcast, thank you very much. What I think makes your webcasts SOOO great is the balance of technical details and playfulness. Keep it up!

Posted on November 18th, 2010 at 4:45 pm

• Steven Said,

Just in case if you were wondering it’s pronounced Dugan A lol

Posted on November 21st, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Great beer, but do your homework! If you are reading the label to find out how it is described, calling about how it is pronounced, and don’t know what hops are in it, I can’t trust you to be able to describe the beer as accurately as possible!

Posted on November 29th, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Excellent point Paul! If you’ve seen the show, then you would know that’s kind of what we do, we’re loose and we really don’t know everything about every beer, we try to break it all down as we do it, and try to have fun at the same time. There is nothing more boring to me then a know it all beer blogger telling me what I should like and how my pallet will handle a particular beer – we try to be more entertaining.

Now as far as experience, John is a brewer and on the BA, David is a beer distributor, and I’ve been telling the craft beer story for several years.

Check back soon as you will see a familiar face on a beer show pilot I shot in 2003.

I do appreciate you candid comments and I appreciate even more you taking the time to watch the video!

Paul

Posted on November 29th, 2010 at 7:57 pm

• Sharron Clemons Said,

Looks like I’ll have to try this one as well!

Posted on December 21st, 2010 at 4:18 pm