Anchor Steam – Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2010, Ep. 119

It’s the holiday season and that time of year where Beer America TV reviews the season’s best. This week it’s the 35th edition of Merry Christmas from Anchor Steam. Since 1975, this seasonal classic has been released and the only consistency of this beer is that it’s never the same and the ingredients are top secret! Oh, and what about those awesome bicycle jerseys we’re wearing? You can get your hands on those, so watch and find out!

• Scott Said,

Great video guys! I purchased this beer a week ago and its the first year for me and im looking forward to collecting one from each year forward.

I really enjoyed this beer, i tasted mint.

I cant wait till you guys do your 2010 favorite beer of the year episode. Keep the videos coming.

Posted on December 9th, 2010 at 5:45 pm

• TucsonTom Said,

A great video on a wonderful winter beer. I got a real lick out of watching John’s face as he took that first sip. You could see that this beer’s flavors were driving him nuts (in a good way, of course).

I’m tasting many winter seasonals this year, and Anchor’s is by FAR my favorite. It has fantastic winter spicing with a great malt backbone. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but many of this year’s U.S. winter ales have a large dose of Pacific Northwest high-alpha hops. Now, I love hoppy beers more than most folks, but I’m finding a lot of same-ness in this season’s U.S. winter beers because of all this hoppiness.

This year’s Anchor release, though, sits all by itself, away from this season’s crowd. It is fantastic.

Posted on December 10th, 2010 at 3:07 pm

• Marco Said,

I agree with Scott’s “I cant wait till you guys do your 2010 favorite beer of the year episode.”

BTW where was this episode taped? And what’s with the constant beep I hear, sounds like your in a Hospital hehe.

Anyway, great show as usual, keep it up and we’ll keep watching!

Cheers,
    Marco

Posted on December 11th, 2010 at 10:49 am

• Dave Porter Said,

Paul, I like your presentation which is on the Lite side with a little Bouquet and I will give you a heads up on the fun meter. I’m not sure how the dark heavy stuff would mix with my meds and most of my previous beer drinking was done while hopping off to the Point in the summer.

Posted on December 12th, 2010 at 3:50 pm

• Bobby Said,

The new advertisements I’m seeing are a very good thing. Means people are paying attention! Great job Paul!

Posted on December 14th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

• Scooter Hendon Said,

John so sexy in that shirt, chicks dig the belly.

Posted on December 16th, 2010 at 12:04 pm